Recovery Support Specialist
- Apache Junction,AZ
- Oct 03, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
60 W. University Dr - Apache Junction, Arizona, 85201
Recovery Support Specialist
The Recovery Support Specialist is responsible for the delivery of case management, advocacy and clinical services. This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position that includes tasks or duties (i.e., driving) that the employer in good faith believes could affect the safety, health or reputation of the Agency, participants, the employee performing the task or others.
Qualifications Required for the Recovery Support Specialist:
- HS Diploma or GED and has been or is a consumer and is willing to share those experiences in peer to peer interactions.
- Must have Peer Support/Recovery Support Certification.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work.
- First Aid and CPR training certification.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Must have experience as a consumer of behavioral health services and be willing to share those experiences as a learning/teaching tool.
- Must be willing to use personal experience to do their job.
- Have availability of home telephone for easy access of Agency contact.
- Able to work flexible schedule as needed: weekends, nights, days, evenings and holidays.
- Ability to type and working knowledge/familiarity with computers and electronic clinical record keeping.
- Must obtain a Fingerprint Clearance card and pass a background check.
- Demonstrable theoretical knowledge in the field.
- Prior experience in the behavioral health setting
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Knowledge of area and services to special populations.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Recovery Support Specialist:
- Meet emergency demands in a calm, competent, productive, and timely manner.
- Appropriately interacts with participants without regard to gender and cultural variables.
- Provide ongoing observation of all client behavior immediately reporting any potentially dangerous situation to the Program Director.
- Completes clinical documentation on participants and accompanying billing documentation on a daily basis.
- Provide case management services to participants.
- Ensure integrity of program's clinical standards, practices, and functions.
- Follow agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain documentation of case management services in the participant's records.
- Act as case management resource to other staff.
- Develop participant treatment plans and document participant progress.
- Provide telephone contact, collateral visits and non-medically necessary transportation.
- Transports participants to scheduled activities.
- Arrange referrals, assessing and obtaining entitlements and meeting basic participant needs.
- Provide peer support services under the concept and practice of recovery.
- Provide consultation, education and advocacy services to families and other providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works with clinical staff to assure follow-through on participant treatment plans.
- Provide regular peer support groups and individual counseling.
- Participate in the Agency’s staff development training, department training and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in staffing.
- Medication monitoring.
- Provide safe, timely transportation of clients to and from the facility as assigned. Pick up participants on time. Comply with safe driving practices and follow procedures for getting emergency assistance in case of vehicle breakdown. Follow behavior management procedure to control clients whose behavior is escalating, creating a threat to the safety of self or others.
- Initiate First Aid/CPR if needed.
- Participate in the Agency’s PI Program.
If interested in this Recovery Support Specialist opportunity, click on "Apply Now" to submit your resume!
Horizon Human Services is an equal opportunity employer.