- Apache Junction,AZ
- Oct 03, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
625 North Plaza Drive - Apache Junction, Arizona, 85120
Horizon Health and Wellness IS HIRING!
JOIN A WINNING TEAM TODAY!!
Medical Assistants Needed!
Horizon Health and Wellness is now hiring Medical Assistants in the Casa Grande & Apache Junction areas!
Horizon Health and Wellness – Casa Grande, AZ & Apache Junction, AZ
Horizon Health and Wellness is a non-profit 501(c)(3) behavioral health agency licensed by the State of Arizona to provide an array of outpatient and residential services in Pinal, Gila, and Yuma Counties as well as Habilitation services in the counties of Cochise, La Paz, Maricopa, and Santa Cruz. The Agency has been in operation for over 30 years providing quality behavioral health services in the identified geographical service areas.
Medical Assistants Needed Immediately!
Medical Assistants Needed in the Casa Grande, AZ and Apache Junction, AZ areas.
- Completes patient care requirements by performing tests and completing other tasks as assigned by the Medical providers of HHW
- Assists provider in examination of patients, and gives instructions to patients as directed by provider.
- Administers injections to include immunizations.
- Fills out immunization paperwork for recording purposes.
- Processes referrals (outlying sites), and sets up appointments for patients for diagnostic procedures and/or with a specialist.
- Acts as a liaison with the providers, other doctor’s offices and hospitals.
- Receives reports on patients and delivers them to the appropriate provider.
- Notifies patient of test results when instructed to do so by provider. .
- Disposes of used syringes, outdated medications and documents related to procedures.
- Performs specimen collection.
- Reports communicable disease to County Health Department as needed.
- Complete authorizations for alternate payor sources, i.e., Medicare, authorizations for Medicare D.
- Accurately complete staff activity logs and submit daily.
- Complete progress notes at the end of each service and submit within 24 hours.
- Assist Doctor’s with refills by pulling the necessary chart, ensure client has a follow-up appointment and get pharmacy information for the doctor.
- Coordinate with the Pharmacy and Cenpatico as needed to provide assistance to consumers with getting medications filled at the Pharmacy.
- HS diploma or GED plus Medical Assistant certificate from an accredited program.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a fingerprint clearance card and pass background check.
- 1 year of experience
- Ability to read/speak fluent English, bilingual preferred.
Position is in Casa Grande AND Apache Junction, Arizona
Please Send Resume to HR@mhwaz.org
- Or -
APPLY IN PERSON AT:
625 North Plaza Drive
Apache Junction AZ 85120
- Or -
APPLY IN PERSON AT:
115 West 2nd Street
Casa Grande AZ 85122
Horizon Health and Wellness is an equal opportunity employer.