Customer Service Jobs
The customer service field exists to help companies focus on current and potential customer needs. Customer service jobs can be based within large corporations, call centers and department stores. The focal point for jobs in customer service is to be a first point of response between a customer and the company or service. Customer service work is usually done through a variety of methods, including in-person in the case of a store or service center, or over the phone, fax, e-mail or U.S. mail if the position is within a call center or business.
Customer service representative jobs are the main positions available within this industry. Generally, a high school diploma is enough to gain entry-level work, but a college degree in a broad subject like business or communications is preferable. Depending on the industry, there is usually on-the-job training. The most important skills are proper customer communications, including good people skills, typing and reporting, as well as background knowledge on whatever the product or service may be.
Customer service rep jobs can be very broad. In the most basic positions, the representative may assist the customer with pre-planned answers to frequently asked questions. However, in industries like insurance, the representatives are required to know the product in detail, and may require additional training or even state regulated licensure.
In 2006, customer service was one of the biggest employment industries, with some 2.2 million people holding positions nationwide. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this industry is expected to grow by 25 percent in the next ten years, and will be found in all types of businesses.
Search for general customer service jobs or specific job types at EmploymentGuide.com today!
Customer Service Jobs by State
- Columbus Customer Service Jobs
- Dublin Customer Service Jobs
- Chicago Customer Service Jobs
- Dallas Customer Service Jobs
- Fort Worth Customer Service Jobs
- Woodbridge Customer Service Jobs
- Alexandria Customer Service Jobs
- Arlington Customer Service Jobs
- Delaware Customer Service Jobs
- Denton Customer Service Jobs
- Dumfries Customer Service Jobs
- Fredericksburg Customer Service Jobs
- Grapevine Customer Service Jobs
- Hilliard Customer Service Jobs
- Marysville Customer Service Jobs