Equipment Operators Jobs
Equipment operator jobs utilize machinery to mainly move heavy materials short distances to the appropriate areas, onto trucks or off ships. These workers operate machines through levers, wheels, foot pedals, operating switches or dials and may also make adjustments, inspections, and complete minor maintenance or repairs. Additional tasks and responsibilities may include cleaning vehicles, packing or unpacking products and materials. The type of equipment used typically denotes the classification of the occupation. Eight hour shifts are normal hours for an equipment operator work, but working longer hours due to specific project demand or deadlines is not abnormal.
Equipment operator careers generally learn skills for the position while being trained on the job from more experienced workers, managers or supervisors. Employers prefer to hire workers that are 18 years old with a high school diploma and able to perform the physical duties that the position entails. Some states and cities require workers that can operate cranes to be properly licensed. Also, select types of equipment operators can become certified by professional associations, although employers may not require individuals to be certified.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, laborers and freight, stock, and material movers were the largest portion of employed workers in this occupational field. The retail trade industry also employed a large majority of these workers. Equipment operators jobs are expected to have a moderate demand in the decade between 2006 and 2016. Equipment operator employment will continue to have job openings across the nation due to the relatively high turnover ratio and from workers that shift careers or retire.
Find equipment operator jobs at EmploymentGuide.com today!
Equipment Operators Jobs by State
- Columbus Equipment Operators Jobs
- Dayton Equipment Operators Jobs
- Wilmer Equipment Operators Jobs
- Cleveland Equipment Operators Jobs
- Brookville Equipment Operators Jobs
- Richardson Equipment Operators Jobs
- Lancaster Equipment Operators Jobs
- Hutchins Equipment Operators Jobs
- Duncanville Equipment Operators Jobs
- Desoto Equipment Operators Jobs
- Cedar Hill Equipment Operators Jobs
- Muskogee Equipment Operators Jobs
- Vandalia Equipment Operators Jobs
- Troy Equipment Operators Jobs
- Tipp City Equipment Operators Jobs