Equipment Operators Jobs
Equipment operator jobs utilize machinery to mainly move heavy materials short distances to the appropriate areas, onto trucks or off ships. These workers operate machines through levers, wheels, foot pedals, operating switches or dials and may also make adjustments, inspections, and complete minor maintenance or repairs. Additional tasks and responsibilities may include cleaning vehicles, packing or unpacking products and materials. The type of equipment used typically denotes the classification of the occupation. Eight hour shifts are normal hours for an equipment operator work, but working longer hours due to specific project demand or deadlines is not abnormal.
Equipment operator careers generally learn skills for the position while being trained on the job from more experienced workers, managers or supervisors. Employers prefer to hire workers that are 18 years old with a high school diploma and able to perform the physical duties that the position entails. Some states and cities require workers that can operate cranes to be properly licensed. Also, select types of equipment operators can become certified by professional associations, although employers may not require individuals to be certified.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, laborers and freight, stock, and material movers were the largest portion of employed workers in this occupational field. The retail trade industry also employed a large majority of these workers. Equipment operators jobs are expected to have a moderate demand in the decade between 2006 and 2016. Equipment operator employment will continue to have job openings across the nation due to the relatively high turnover ratio and from workers that shift careers or retire.
Find equipment operator jobs at EmploymentGuide.com today!
- Columbus Equipment Operators Jobs
- Dayton Equipment Operators Jobs
- Vandalia Equipment Operators Jobs
- Clayton Equipment Operators Jobs
- Brookville Equipment Operators Jobs
- Gainesville Equipment Operators Jobs
- Fort Worth Equipment Operators Jobs
- Denton Equipment Operators Jobs
- Collinsville Equipment Operators Jobs
- West Milton Equipment Operators Jobs
- Troy Equipment Operators Jobs
- Tipp City Equipment Operators Jobs
- Marysville Equipment Operators Jobs
- Ludlow Falls Equipment Operators Jobs
- Englewood Equipment Operators Jobs